Monday, May 31, 2010

Hunter




Whoa!  I had my first kill.  A mole.  It was invigorating.  Dad tried to to make me leave it but I was guarding it like a prize.  I ran away from him carrying it.  Dad was getting mad because he couldn't catch me.  Mom went to the bench area and sat down.  I followed her.  Then Dad distracted me with a squeaky toy and Mom quickly scooped up my prize and threw it on the garbage.   I quickly forgot about it because I am having fun being off leash at the beach for the first time.  I got to play soccer with Mom and Dad, play with other dogs, got to meet another shiba and ran like there's no tomorrow.  The 2 hour drive to get to this place was worth it.  





Jada, a 4-year old shiba I met.


This lady told my Dad, "this is the first shiba that ever came up to me, how friendly."

Mom took this pic as she was lying on the ground.  She was trying to trick me to come to her so she could put my leash on.  Dad got tired of calling me so Mom suggested that he go to the parking lot and just pick us up.  Mom cleverly ignored me and kept walking.  She sat down on the bench and I found a 13 year old border collie to play with.  Mom let us play for another 10 minutes.  Mom gave a treat to the border collie and that's when I came over to check it out.  She even asked the man to help her grab my collar but she was able to do it by herself.  Just in time for Dad to come in with the car.  Heh!  I shouldn't really complain, we were there for 2 1/2 hours.  


Don't worry folks, I was wearing a seat belt.  It was really quite bothersome.  But it's the price one must pay to have the wind blowing against me. 


No comments: