Sunday, December 5, 2010

La Folie

Ah yes, it's the madness of the holidays, shopping, and packing.  We went to the mall last night.  I got to strut around and got a few compliments.  Thank goodness Mom is not sick of saying to strangers, "Shiba Inu, it's a Japanese dog or, it's the smaller version of the Akita."  Everyone seems to know about Akitas but not Shibas.  Anyhoo, it started to rain and we went back to the car while we waited for Dad.
 




Mom and Dad went to La Folie in SF, a French restaurant for Mom's belated birthday celebration.  They were gone a long time but came back with a doggy bag. Dad had the  Sautéed Burgundy Snails, in Pernod Lemon Butter, Parsley, Bone Marrow Gratin and I got the bone. :)  Mom took pix of the dishes because it was artsy. 

Goat Cheese Tatin, with Roasted Eggplant, Artichokes, Tomato Confit, Portobello Mushroom, and Sauce Vièrge
Goat Cheese Tatin, with Roasted Eggplant, Artichokes, Tomato Confit, Portobello Mushroom, and Sauce Vièrge

Roasted Emigh Farms Lamb Rack, with Butter Beans and Chorizo, Taggiasca Olive Lamb Jus

Butter Poached Lobster, on Potiron Squash Ravioli with Truffle Beurre Fondue, and Marcona Almond Salad
Pink Lady Apple Tarte Tatin Bread Pudding, Maker’s Mark Ice Cream, Apple Puree Fritter

“Huckleberry Baked Alaska”, Huckleberry-Crème Fraîche Ice Cream, Huckleberry-Pear Panna Cotta, Sablé Cookie
 
Waiting for my bone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sinjin I know how much you hate wearing cutesy holiday gear...but you did bring a smile to my face..I didn't laugh at you, just smiled...You are so handsome and are so loved...so how was the bone that Dad brought home for you???

Sinjin said...

Auntie P, Thanks for the compliment, I needed it. I only have to wear that thing one more time for a photo op at a xmas party for no longer than 5 minutes. And I love the bone, my first french food. lol It was very tasty. Yummmm!